Minutes of the Management Committee Meeting on the 6th May 2022 at 19.00hrs.
Present: R. Blakesely. B.Yarnold. K. Mills. E.Costello. M. Syson.
Apologies: LIz Hall
Ron opened the meeting by going through the minutes of the last meeting and asked they could be passed as true. The committee agreed they could be passed. Ron updated us to where we were with the electrics. Trevor should have been here last week. Instead It will be the week commencing 16th May. Ron and Keith will be moving all the furniture onto the centre of the bowling green to allow the new surround carpet to be laid. The new freezer for the kitchen has arrived. Ron had no more maintenance issues to report and passed over to Bernard for the treasurer’s report.
Treasurer: Bernard started by stating our bank balance is still healthy at over £60,000 Bernard has been working on a budget for the next 12 months. Our income for the summer league is lower than projected, and we could be close to zero in the bank by the end of the summer as we will have paid for the bowling carpet if fitted on schedule by early August, when the club will be closed for two weeks. We had a company visit us showing the benefits of an ultra modern cash control system, but after going through the cost the committee decided that the expense was not justified. Bernard informed us that he will arrange the printing of the new rule books for the start of the winter season.
A.O.B: Eamon will be putting on the web site and in reception at the club Team Nomination forms. These are for the members to fill in which days or nights they wish to play. Eamon also informed that the club has put three teams in for the Yorkshire Summer League.
Nominees for the Management Committee: Liz. Lyons, Graham Chambers, Graham Harrison, Sean Higgins and Darren Smith. The above have been passed, we will welcome the new committee members on our next committee meeting.
The wider wheelchair has been ordered,but an electric version is shortly to be rolled out and the supplier (Whitehill Bowls) will inform us when this is available, at the same cost.
The club will be open as usual on the two day bank holidays Thursday and Friday 2nd + 3rd June. The Friday triples will go ahead, but team captains have the option to postpone their game if they so wish.
With no more business to discuss we closed the meeting.
Next meeting Friday 27th May 2022 at 19.00hrs.
Minutes: M. Syson.
Minutes of Management Meeting 8th April 2022 at 19.00 hrs.
Present: K. Mills. L. Hall. M. Syson. R. Blakesley. B. Yarnold
Ron opened the meeting by going through the minutes of the last meeting. The committee agreed the minutes could be passed as true. Ron then brought us up to date on maintenance. Trevor the electrician will be here next week to check car park lighting and to leave his quote for intelligent lighting in the cold room. The outstanding plumbing should be followed through after Easter as the plumber has had covid.
Treasurer: Bernard stated he was in the process of putting together a Budget for next year. The bank balance will be hit hard when we pay out for the carpet in the bowls hall, and the new freezer in the kitchen. Bernard asked Keith Mills to ask the Carpet Company for an installation date as we need to close for four to five days. We will inform the Summer League delegate of the date of closure as we will move the games involved to another date. This will happen again when we have a date for the installation of the new carpet and underlay for the bowls hall. We will again have to close this time for two weeks.
A.O.B: Liz was asked to bring up the scoring for 100ups. 2 points for winning. If a team reaches 100 should they be given an extra point. The committee thought this should be asked at the A.G.M.
At the last meeting we were asked to look at the quality of hand and toilet tissue. We have put in all toilets a new brand of hand tissue which we hope will satisfy the members.
As we had no more questions we closed the meeting at 21.30. Next Meeting will be on the 6th May 2022 at 19.00hrs.
Minutes: M. Syson.
Minutes of Management Meeting 11th March 2022 at 19.00hrs.
Present: B.Yarnold K.Mills R.Blakesley M. Syson
Ron opened the meeting by going through the minutes of the last meeting and asked if they could be passed as true. All at the meeting said yes. Ron then handed over to Bernard for an update on Finances.
Treasurer: Bernard started by letting us know we had received £1000. from “The Bruce Wake Charitable Trust” towards the new wheelchair. A letter of thanks has been sent to the Trust. We have been given an update on the price of the new carpet and underlay. This has gone up by £1.200 and the cost to carpet tile the surrounding area will cost us £7400. We can fund these two ways. One by paying out full price or looking into having a loan. Bernard will go through all the details and update us at the A.G.M. Bernard is also checking our energy prices with the companies that we have for Electric and Gas to make sure our contracts have not changed.
Maintenance: The engineer will be in next week to do a boiler service and a check is being done on the roller shutters. A new tap was replaced for the leaking one in the Ladies. The kitchen taps need checking and Ron will see to this as soon as possible. Trevor will be in to give us the cost of intelligent lighting in the cold room and two store rooms as lights are being left on and wasting electricity.
A.O.B. We have been asked if members can leave their cars again this year while they are at Potters. This was agreed and Shaun will list all names and registrations and will park on the right hand side as you come through the gate. The committee has been asked to check the quality of the toilet tissue and paper towels, this we will follow through. We are hoping to have a sponsor for our club shirts, Keith has spoken to the Sheffield players and if we can produce a leaflet about the club they will pass them round and hopefully this will bring in new members for next winter season. Nominations for committee and proposed rule changes will be posted on the Notice Board 21 days before the A.G.M which will take place on the 24th April. Liz asked me to bring up the price of miles per gallon that the away players receive and how to distribute this to the players. Bernard will look into this at the A.G.M.
As we had no other questions we closed the meeting at 21.30pm. Next Meeting will be the 1st April 2022 at 19.00hrs.
Minutes: M. Syson.
Minutes of Management Meeting 11th February 2022 at 19.00hrs.
Present: K. Mills L. Hall S Higgins R. Blakesley M. Syson B. Yarnold
Ron opened the meeting by going through the minutes of the last meeting. Ron asked if there were any queries or could we pass them as true. The committee agreed they could be passed as true. Ron then thanked Graham Harrison on behalf of all the committee for joining the meeting for tonight to give us an update of a few items brought up when he and two other members went to the seminar at York held by the E.I.B.A. Graham came up with ways of recruiting new members and how an open day would be a good start. This of course would need a lot of effort from the management committee and members of the club to organize. This is something to put in the agenda for the A.G.M. Ron then handed over to Bernard for an update on Finances.
Treasurer: Bernard stated we have had a quiet month. Our bank balance is still healthy. We now have £7,000 in carpet fund due to the profit of nearly £1,000 we made from race night. Bernard is checking through our expenditure and how we go forward in the future with staffing. There are two possible ways to go forward 1. A club Manager who takes over daily control that includes everything under one umbrella. 2. Go back to having a kitchen supervisor and a secretary in office. Bernard will come back when he has these figures available. We also spoke about the laying of a new bowl’s carpet and underlay for the start of the winter season. Also brought up was the surrounding carpet, Keith Mills has had a company come in to measure and quote for carpet or carpet tiles.
Maintenance: The only outstanding maintenance was the red bar leading onto ring two, which has come loose once again. Sean Higgins and Ron Blakesley are looking into this as we have already tried to fix this problem; a more robust solution is needed. We now have a service policy for our CCTV which will cover us for call outs and any maintenance required. Sean and Ron are checking exactly what areas the cameras are monitoring.
A.O.B: The A.G.M. will be on Sunday the 24th April 2022. We need to have nomination papers ready for Members who wish to apply for a director or committee position. These should be put on the board for the week of the 14th March 2022. Bernard will be following through on the finance side and the agenda. Rotherham have sent us an email asking us to look at next winter fixture times. I have spoken to Dave Taylor and assured him we would look into this and come back to him as soon as we can. Keith Mills was asked about going back to leagues starting at two times, one for retired players and one for working players.This will be brought up at the A.G.M. A notice regarding the Summer League will be put on the board for the week of 28th February 2022 with suggested dates and times of possible leagues. We also need to update our Health and Safety certificates. Ron asked if there were any more questions and as there were none, we closed the meeting at 20.55pm. Next meeting will be on Friday 11th March 2022 at 19.00hrs.
Minutes by: M. Syson.
Minutes Of Management Meeting 14th January 2022 at 19.00hrs
Present: R. Blakesley L. Hall K. Mills S. Higgins M. Syson B. Yarnold.
Ron opened the meeting by going through the minutes of the last meeting and asked if they could be passed as true. Keith Mills brought up that the question regarding players from the reserve list was not fully answered as it was not only how many times a player could play but could they play for different teams. The answer was yes they can play for a different team whenever they are needed, or due to sickness they can cover for a player for the rest of the fixtures.
Finance: Bernard informed our bank balance is still quite healthy. We have at present £6.000 pounds in Carpet Fund, from now all proceeds we make from social nights will be added to the fund and we will have a graph on a wall in reception showing how the fund is growing over the following months. Bernard has now received most of the second half of the fixtures only £1.800 still outstanding and Bernard is dealing with this. Claire updated Bernard on the situation with the Lottery Grant. The rejection we had in October 2021 was due to having so many applicants they ran out of funds. In May 2022 we can resubmit our application for 2022/2023 grants. On the Whistle Stop over Christmas we made £80, and takings for the bar £91.00 Christmas Raffle we made £279.00 The solar panels are still bringing in revenue of around £1,500 per year but lower in the winter due to less sun. Maintenance: Ron has turned down the thermostats by two notches hoping this will stop the heating coming on during matches. We have reopened serving hatch to the bar easier for bowlers to order.
A.O.B: On January 21st three members of the Management Committees will go to a seminar at York held by the E.I.B.A. This is a discussion on how to achieve survival after Covid. We are opening the club on weekends to cover the Club Competitions and any T.B.A games. The weekend dates are on the board in the club and on our website. As of this month we will show our Management Committee Minutes on our website. As there were no more questions the meeting was closed at 20.45. Next meeting will be the 11th February 2022 at 19.00.
Minutes by: M.Syson.